Hochschule Ravensburg-Weingarten | Zurück zur Startseite

Advanced »

International Office
Akademisches Auslandsamt

Registration as a resident

Within 14 days of their arrival in Germany, foreign students must register at the Residents’ Registration Office (Einwohnermeldeamt) of the town they are living in.

The Einwohnermeldeamt of Weingarten is located at Zeppelinstraße 3-5, room 22, phone 0751 405-167.

Opening hours:
Monday 08:30-13:00, 13:45-16:00
Tuesday and Friday 08:30-12:00
Wednesday 08:00-13:00
Thursday 08:30-12:00, 13:45-17:30
Friday 08:30-12:00

The Einwohnermeldeamt of Ravensburg is located in the city hall at Marienplatz 26 (Bürgeramt),phone 0751 82- 251.

Opening hours:
Monday – Wednesday 08:00-16:00
Thursday 08:00-17:30
Friday 08:00-12:00
Saturday 10:00-13:00

You will have to show your passport and answer questions regarding your address (don’t forget to indicate your room number if you live in a student dormitory!), your religion (they only differentiate between catholic, protestant and others) and your marital status.

As of November 1st, 2015, you will also have to show a so-called Wohnungsgeberbestätigung, a confirmation by the owner of your accommodation specifying:

  • Name and adress of the owner
  • Information on whether you move in or out
  • Date of your move-in or move-out
  • Address of the accommodation
  • Your name
The owner or landlord of your accommodation has to fill in this form before you register at the Residents´ Registration Office. Apart from the owner, a person or service entitled by the owner such as dormitory administrations or the main tenant can also confirm your residence.
Please find the form for Weingarten by clicking here.

The Residents´ Registration Offices in other cities have their own forms on their websites or in the office itself. If you move into or out of a dormitory room, you will get the Wohnungsgeberbestätigung from the dormitory administration.
You will also have to follow this procedure within two weeks if you change your accommodation. Please note, that this even applies when you just move within the same city! If you don’t register properly and on time, you will be fined. Before leaving Germany, you will also have to de-register at the Residents’ Registration Office and show a confirmation of your move-out.