Hochschule Ravensburg-Weingarten | Zurück zur Startseite

Advanced »

International Office
Akademisches Auslandsamt

Health Insurance

Under German law, every student at a state-recognized college or university is obliged to have a health insurance contract. In fact, you can enrol at a university only when you submit such an insurance certificate. Also the residence permit for students in Germany is valid only as long as you have a valid health insurance coverage.

Note, please, that health insurances taken out in a non-EU country are in general not valid in Germany. If you come from an EU country, please bring with you your EHIC (European Health Insurance Certificate) when you come to Germany. You get this card from your governmental / national health insurance company at home (unless it is a private one). 

In case of any queries, please don't hesitate to contact the International Office. We will be pleased to send you further information.